Monday, October 22, 2012

Basco Update 10/22/2012

October 22, 2012 - Basco Update.  Basco received his heartworm treatment and is doing fantastically well.  He traveled from Kentucky up to Pennsylvania on an overnight transport from Friday to Saturday.  He rode shotgun as my transport buddy when I picked him up and enjoyed himself greatly attempting to climb into my lap while I was driving on the highway.  Luckily he was tethered so the whole ride pretty much consisted of my driving and him sticking his rather large boxer face as close to mine as possible.  While it had been reported to me that he is a very friendly dog, and I generally have little to no fear around any dog, there is still a small amount of fear that creeps in when a dog just stands with his face right up next to yours for over an hour.  I could feel, and of course smell, his puppy breath on my cheek.  He never barked, never licked my face, just stared at me and out the window beyond me.  Occasionally he would turn around and try to sit and then decide he preferred watching me intently.  A family with another boxer was introduced to him that day for foster and possible adoption.  So far we are told all is going well.  Basco, who was slated for possible euthansia at a shelter, is now healthy and in a home, safe and happy.  He is really a gorgeous dog.  Everyone comments on how gorgeous a boxer he is and what a great personality!  We are still raising money to cover Basco's medical bills.  Thank you to those who have already donated, to those who drove transport, and to those who worked to find Basco a foster home with potential adoption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment