Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012 - I had a nice sit down today with Keeta, the sweetest southern belle.  I will provide translations to her story as those of us up north may require.

Keeta - Hey ya'all!  My name's Keeta and I'm a Kentucky gal, recently moved to farm country Pennsylvania.  I was found by some real nice people, chugged full of pregnant! (very pregnant)  I was there in a shelter with loads of other dogs barkin and carrying on.  I mean, every dog should have a few fleas, but these critters were hollerin like a stuck pig!  (No one is perfect, and yelling a lot) So then, I'm moved again to a real nice home where I got to rest and then, in two shakes of a sheep's tail, I was givin birth!  5 little puppies, no biggern' my paw.  And boy can these pups eat, just growin up like weeds.  I was busy as a stump tail cow in fly time!  (Very busy)  Then I'm told we're moving again.  So packed up we go, and headed north above the Mason-Dixon to Pennsylvania.  I learned this contraption called an invisible fence.  What a terrible thing, there I am walking along, enjoying sniffing, and suddenly zap, I'm just caught with my pants down and haulin tail away from that part of the property!  I reckon this is a good way to keep us critters from wanderin off.  Down south, we find it hospitable to visit the neighbors, but I'm told not to up here.  I do love children and think they are just the bees knees.  Cats and other varmint don't bother me.  I love to curl up on your couch and sleep, and to walk politely by your side on a leash.  I'm told I'm a very gentle gal.  Now that the kids are growing and getting ready to head off to their new homes, I would sure love a chance to find mine.  Come by any time and we'll set for a spell and have a real nice time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment